Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011, Welcome AzaleaEats


It is the start of a new decade and the perfect time to make and keep resolutions. I have several. Many are food related, some are not. Here are my resolutions:

1. Eat mindfully and in moderation: I have always struggled with eating in moderation and will go on frequent binges. While I generally eat healthy food, I tend to go overboard in how much I eat. Consequently, the pounds piled on. This weights me down both physically and emotionally. I hope this year to make a start in the right direction and lose 10kgs (22 lbs).

2. Exercise more: To make this specific and realistic, I am going to say - exercise at least 3x/week for at least half an hour each time. I have a knee-injury and doing strenuous exercise that involves my legs just leaves me in excruciating pain.

3. Blog: Start and maintain this blog. I will chronicle what I eat and how much I exercise as a means of maintaining accountability.

4. Reduce my debt: When I moved to Oregon for my first job out of grad school, I borrowed some money from friends to cover my moving and starting expenses till the cash flow got started again. I have repaid a lot of this. I still owe one friend some money. I think I will pay that off first, and then tackle the credit card debt I have.

5. Pamper myself more: I don't intend to come across as a person who runs myself to the ground on a regular basis. I don't. I usually spend lots of time relaxing. But I find that most of my down time although relaxing, is not particularly rejuvenating. I plan on engaging in things that are fun to do as well as educational and mood- and motivation-enhancing.

2 comments:

  1. Did I tell you?? superb blog selection !!! btw, what is azalea???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!!!

    Azalea is a kind of a flower. I picked it because I like the name and the flower is really pretty. And it's name begins and ends with "A" - just like mine.

    ReplyDelete