Thursday, January 27, 2011

Satisfied in Seattle

Seattle is a beautiful city full of beautiful people. It is apparently ranked the #1 big city for single young professionals. I went out to lunch today with a fellow conference attendee, and as we walked along the streets of downtown Seattle, I was admiring the people as much as I was admiring the skyscrapers. It was difficult not to be inspired. After the last two days of out-of control eating, I resolved to make today a bit more under-control. I ate a lot of different things, but made wise choices, and am more than satisfied.

Breakfast
Half a Bagel w. Cream Cheese, Assorted Fruit, Coffee w. Cream

Lunch
We went to a Vietnamese restaurant. The food was so wonderful that I did not remember to get my camera out until the entree came along.
Unphotographed Fresh Salad Rolls, Eggplant Satay

And then I remembered to take pictures:

Crepe w. Bean Sprouts, Shiitake Mushrooms, Fried Tofu

A GIANT bed of greens.
I was supposed to wrap pieces of the crepe in lettuce and add some herbs.

I did not manage to eat it all

Afternoon Snack
I skipped an afternoon breakout session and came to my room to chill, drink coffee, and despite being caffeinated, to take a nap!

Dinner
I unexpectedly met one of my intern-cohortmates from last year. She is here with her hubby and baby. We had dinner and did some much needed catching up.
Seven Flavor Tofu w. Brown Rice - I could get used to eating Seattle food every day!

We ate a whole table full of food!

And laughed at baby-antics! She is the cutest baby in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment