Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Productive Sunday

My Sundays are usually spent wallowing in sadness that the weekend is coming to an end. Not so the case today since it's a 3-day weekend. I went to bed late last night - somewhat under the influence of the wine (I only need a teensy quantity of alcohol to make me tipsy). I thought I might wake up late and waste the entire day. However, I woke up early-ish (9am), and decided that I was going to make today be a productive day. I made a list of things to do - I have about 40 different things I need to do over the next week. I marked the ones I needed to do today and did most of them. I still need to finish a couple of big projects - but I can stay up late and do them. I finally finally took my Christmas tree down. I also flipped my mattress, cleaned my entire home, and did a bunch of other smallish things that will improve the quality of my life for the coming week. I also managed to eat while being productive:

Breakfast
French Toast w. Toasted Pecans and Honey, Tea

I ate breakfast while reading this:
I rarely read "real" newspapers these days. :-)

Lunch
Vegetable Potsickers w. Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette, Edamame

Orange, Banana-Pecan Bread

Tea
Tea, Triple Ginger Snaps

Dinner
Quinoa Salad w. Pear, Pecans, Chickpeas, Spinach, Raspberry Vinaigrette.
This was the best salad I have had in a long while.

Midnight Snacking
Microwaved Whole Wheat Flatbread and Gouda Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment