Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Baked Goodies. Sugar-Free. Butter-Free.

About a month ago, I started craving cake with tea. I stifled the craving for a while. A couple of weeks ago, I gave in and purchased a pumpkin spice cake. It was good - but it did not last long. And it cost me about a billion WW Points. So, I decided to bake something of my own - something healthy. But, I kept putting it off. Partly because baking a cake means buying butter and sugar. Now, I don't use butter and sugar in anything, and I was too lazy to go get them. So when I got home today, I just decided to bake with what I had on hand.

So, out came all I had. I decided to substitute a teaspoonful of ghee for a stick of butter. It's amazing what a touch of ghee can do! I added two spoons of oil for good measure, and used milk and yogurt instead of water. I also decided that the bananas has enough sugar for the bread and skipped adding the sugar. I did not have any anyway. It ended up wonderful. The milk and yogurt made it wonderfully moist. It's only barely sweet, which is okay. I could always glaze it with honey if I wanted to. It was a successful evening.

Breakfast
Fiber One, Raisin Bran, Milk, Blueberries
I overslept and was in too much of a hurry to get to work to eat the pear.

Lunch
Split Pea Soup is the most disgusting looking food of all. But also one of the most delicious!
Jalapeno Cornbread, Orange, Apple

Snack
I bought myself a present on the way home.
Belgian Truffles from a Eugene chocolatier - Euphoria

I picked the Mocha Truffle. Delicious!

But I was still hungry - Triscuits and Wholly Guacamole

Messy kitchen counter pre-baking. The other ingredient picture went MIA.

Post-baking. :-)
Sugar-free Banana Bread w. Pecans
Savory Vegetable Pastry Bites
Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins

Dinner
Cornbread Muffin, Veg Pastry Bite, Orange, Diet Root Beer

Banana-Pecan Bread

I went back for a teeny un-photographed piece. I love leftovers.

2 comments:

  1. looks fantastic... did you go overboard with a lot of cooking or did i feel that because you have a whole bunch of baked stuff pictures??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went overboard for sure. No more baking for a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete