Monday, January 24, 2011

Datapoint Three

A couple of weeks ago when I decided to not count WeightWatchers points and see how it goes, I had a phenomenal loss (3lbs) in one week. I decided that one time was not enough and to collect more data to see if it really works. The second week I lost 2lbs. Today I had my third weigh-in since then. I lost again, but only a measly 0.2lbs. I am not disappointed - far from it! My eating this past week was completely out of whack with my long days and lots of eating out. I was actually expecting a gain, so a 0.2lb loss seems like a pretty good success to me. When I saw the minuscule loss on the scale, I started giggling. I don't think the scale liked that because it went back up 0.2 lbs immediately. So I stopped giggling and the scale now appeased returned me to the originally calculated loss. Good old scale! The day after tomorrow I go out of town and God knows what the scale is going to tell me at the next weigh-in.

In other news, I joined another dancing class - it's a square dancing class. This one is an hour and a half long and does not weigh on my knee as much as the folk-dancing does. It's also a smaller class. I loved it!

Datapoint Three - Not disappointing.
Square Dancing - Exhilarating.

Breakfast
Same old idlis and Sambhar

Lunch
Quinoa Salad, Orange, Chocolate Chips

Snack
Jasmine Tea, Chocolate Fudge

Dinner
Perugu Garelu - This is the Andhra version of Dahi Vada. It consists of pieces of medu vada in yogurt spiced with ginger and chillies. It was the last of the yogurt, so I ate it right from the pot.

Spinach Pakodas. I ate this. Then ate three more.

Exercise
Square Dancing

2 comments:

  1. I have not been checking the blog... I want to though... maybe starting Feb 10th... I will...

    Perugu Garelu, did you make them? makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No darling. I did not make it myself. I just added chopped green chillies and ginger to yogurt overnight. I added some store-bought uzhunu vada pieces to it in the morning and let the yogurt soak in until I got home at night Very easy and very tasty. :-)

    Don't worry about checking the blog. Do all the blog-checking stuff after you get back from Hyderabad. :-)

    ReplyDelete