Monday, January 17, 2011

Datapoint Two

I went to my WW meeting today feeling apprehensive because once again, I did not count points this week relying instead on attempting to eat in moderation and make my splurges small ones. And once again it paid off - 2 lbs lost this week. This is so much more fun than counting points. Essentially, the WW message is the same - eat in moderation and exercise. However, they demonize culinary delights as "BAD" foods. There are no BAD foods - just foods that are meant to not be consumed in large quantities. In fact, the foods that are labeled "bad" are the ones that I have the best time eating.

Here is an example. In this week's WW Weekly, a woman received a "bravo" for skipping the bread-sticks using this method: she ate her salad and let the bread-sticks get cold. She did not find the cold bread-sticks appetizing, and so ate only a third of one. Honestly! I wish WW would not affirm this kind of thing. If she had said she ate a bread-stick and enjoyed it and then decided that one was enough - that would be deserving of a bravo in my opinion. But you get all kinds of tips like this in the weekly and at the meetings. It's not all bad though. Another bit in the weekly recommended that you focus on what the point is while eating out. If it is to socialize, then enjoy that and pick lighter fare. If it is to enjoy the cuisine, then don't hold back too much. It seems so simple, but I had never thought of it that way. I'll have to remember that next time I go out.

Today was a sort of "snacky" day - breakfast was my only real meal today.

Breakfast

I like holidays because I get to make a more elaborate Indian breakfast. I made puttu today. It's steamed cakes made from packed roasted rice flour using this:

Puttu w. leftover frozen Black Chickpea Curry

Tea w. LF Milk

Day-long Snacking

I went to watch a movie and took mix-in Green Tea and Ginger Snaps with me.

Unphotographed Pepperjack cheese while at the Grocery Store (was starving)

Then I came back and watched a movie at home while eating popcorn.

Don't shop while starving or you'll end up with this for dinner -
Jalapeno Poppers (I ate 12 - and added on about a pound)

Orange - my only fruit of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment