Friday, January 21, 2011

End to a Hectic Week

I am glad that the week is over. It has been a busy week - too busy to be entirely enjoyable. Everything after the Tuesday night folk dance class is a blur. Wed and Thursday were long days for me - 8am to 9:30pm. It threw off my eating completely. I was eating at all hours and eating out often. I also went on my first mini-binge since the first week of the year. Not too bad a setback. Still... I have not been able to exercise after Tue either. Thankfully, I am going to do my 3-hr contra-dance this weekend. That will make up for everything else.

I am a bit more worried about next week. I am going to a conference from Wed-Friday. I won't be eating at home, and I will be socializing a lot with my coworkers and other conference attendees. I must remember that tidbit that I talked about a few posts ago - when I socialize, I must focus on the people I am with, and not the food. I wish I would feel comfortable enough to take pictures of everything I eat, but that probably would be weird in a professional setting. We'll see how it goes. I signed up for a Monday night Square Dance class, so at the very least I'll have two nights of dance before I head out on Wed morning. I also need to not cook much and just finish out what I have in my fridge between now and Tuesday night.

Breakfast
Sprouted Grain Bread, SF Strawberry Preserves, Bosc Pear

Lunch
I went to an Indian buffet with a friend.
First Plate: Upma, Carrot Pickle, Spinach Pakodas, Mint Chutney, Curried Broccoli, Biriyani, Mushroom Mutter Curry, Coconut & Tomato Chutneys.
Second Plate: I got some Upma, Spinach Pakodas and Mint Chutney.
I skipped dessert - I am not a big fan of rice pudding anyway

Dinner
Two Rice Cakes w. Homemade Spicy Hummus, Kettle Corn

Hot Chocolate


I also picked up the teapot I painted on my ladies' night out:



Here are pictures of the various stages:



And here it is in action for an afternoon break:



And good news! I called to see if the parking ticket could be reduced, and the lady I talked with cut it in half. So I only have to pay $15 now. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment