Friday, January 14, 2011

Blah...

The end to another hectic work week. Add to that the fact that my bus was late and I missed my next bus, I came home half an hour later than I had planned to. I plonked myself on the sofa and realized that I was completely wiped out energy-wise. I have cleared away dinner now, and am wearily eyeing my 5-lb dumbbells. I'll wait a bit longer and see if I want to use them or not. More than likely not...

Breakfast
I woke up too late again. I did not want oats, so stopped by the cafe.
Apple Walnut Scone w. Sugar, Rose Hips Tea

Lunch
Brown Rice, Tofu/Veg Stir-Fry, Bragg's, Orange

Evening Snacks
Whole Wheat Flatbread, Spicy Homemade Hummus

Mocha Belgian Truffle - this was the best of the flavors

I was feeling very "snacky", so ate a Clif bar despite my better judgment. I was full after this.

Dinner
My sister sent me links to recipes after I posted that I did not have any idea what to make over the weekend. So, despite being full, I made and ate this:
Vegetable Gyoza w. Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette
Quinoa salad w. Pear, Pecans, Spinach and Raspberry Vinaigrette



Addendum: I stayed up late and watched a lot of TV and one movie, and about 4 hours later was starting to feel hungry again. So I ate half the hummus I made (about 3tbsp), Gouda Cheese, Apple Juice. All unphotographed.

3 comments:

  1. You sure have a very loving sister!!!

    Loved the look of the Quinoa salad w. Pear, Pecans, Spinach and Raspberry Vinaigrette.... YUMMY... it make my tummy growl !!!!! GROWWWWLLLLL

    Hummus and wheat Pita. Did you back it and then spread the hummus or just smeared it all over the top and cut it into slices?? (looks delicious !)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should probably write a little something about how the food tasted. Or what was your favorite for the day !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee - the Quinoa salad was pretty good. I spread the hummus and then cut it into slices. The hummus was fantastic.

    I liked the hummus most of all. It was fabulous. I will start posting my favorite meal when I post new things. Thanks O(N)

    ReplyDelete