Friday, January 28, 2011

Contemplation: Boot Camp

I did something very scary today. I signed on for a month of Boot Camp classes! I think I will start on the first of February. This is really scary for me. I have always had a fear of exercise. Especially in a group setting. Even more so of rigorous exercise. A complexity of factors contribute to this fear - I am worried that I will not be able to do what everyone else is able to. I am afraid that I will whine and give up too easily. I am afraid of how my body looks and moves compared to the lithe and lissome bodies of others in the class. I am afraid I will be holding the others back. Perhaps all of these are excuses.

Today I decided to be somewhat excuse-free. In between sessions today, I checked my email and found a group deal for a month of boot camp classes. I did not give myself time to think. I purchased it right away and decided to worry about what I would do with the membership later. I will probably end up going. One wonderful trait I have developed over years of fiscal difficulties is that when I pay for something, I make sure that I get what I am entitled to from that something. I hope that my zeal to extract full value from my purchases overrides my fear of exercise - especially exercise that is called "boot camp".

Breakfast
Same as yesterday - Fruit, Bagel/Cream Cheese, Coffee

Snack
Starbucks in Seattle!
Drinking decaf at the birthplace of Starbucks. It was foggy!

Lunch
Box Lunch at the conference - Grilled Veg Sandwich, BBQ Chips, Diet Coke.
I only ate a piece of the cupcake and saved the apple for another time.

Dinner
I decided that I did not want to eat train food for dinner. So, I bought this at the hotel:
Vietnamese Salad Rolls w. Soy Dip

Train Snack
Pretzel chips and Roasted Garlic Hummus

No comments:

Post a Comment