Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last Day of Winter Break

I work at the University of Oregon. I have only worked here since October. Prior to this, I was at schools that functioned on a semester-based system. The UO on the other hand works on a quarter-system. This means that instead of the Spring semester that begins conveniently after MLK Day, the Winter term begins instead right after New Year. So instead of a long holiday, we have a really short one. I still had to go in to work over the break, but since there were so many university holidays, and most of the students were not in town, it did not really feel like "work". So I am suffering right now from some pretty serious back-to-work blues and lamenting the fact that starting tomorrow, work begins again in earnest. I love my job very much, but nothing beats a relaxed break. I'll be dragging my feet for the first day or two, but will be fine after that.

One advantage of not being on break of course, is that I will not be around food so much. It is much easier for me to control my cravings when I am at work. Today for example, I made some Jalapeno Cornbread - I started with one slice and ended up eating four. This was on top of the lunch I already had had. :-(

Breakfast
Cottage Cheese, Apple

Lunch
Brown Rice, Pulisserry (Yogurt gravy)
Dondakai Thoran (Stir-fried Ivy Gourd)

Jalapeno Cornbread w. Habanero-Lime Salsa
(add three more unphotographed slices of this)

Pepperjack Cheese and Extra-Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Tea
Tea w. LF milk, Rusk

Dinner
Spinach Pakoras, Jalapeno Cornbread
Navel Orange, Pear
Cheddar Cheese (I ended up eating two more small slivers of the cheese)

Diet Root Beer

2 comments:

  1. Love it ..... love it ..... love it !!!

    I love the variety in your meals. Spinach Pakora?? Did you make them at home?

    Also, you may want to watermark your delicious patter images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sweet N! The variety is only there because I was at home. Now that school has started again, my food intake will start to look really boring. One of my goals for this month is to have a fruit or vegetable at each meal - that sound cause some interesting pictures, but other than that I am a boring eater.

    I did not make the pakora - I bought it in a bag and microwaved it. I also don't know how to watermark the pics. Plus if someone wants to copy them, that's okay - I can't think why anyone would want them anyway. Umma!

    ReplyDelete