Monday, January 31, 2011

That's it!

I am never counting points again. This past week I have been eating out a lot - with my conference and what not. If I were counting points, I would be overwhelmed at the hundreds of points I was consuming, would feel guilty, and then perhaps eat some more to soothe the guilt. And I would gain a few pounds. That has been my modus operandum all my life - WeightWatchers or no. If it was not WW Points, it would be mental calculation of calories, or fat grams or whatever. So like I said yesterday, I was convinced that I must have gained a bunch of pounds because I ate out and not always healthily for the last week. Any other outcome would have been unimaginable!

Imagine my surprise then when I dragged myself hopped onto the WW scale today and saw a small weight loss. It's not a lot - only 0.4 lbs, but still! I realize now that the difference this week was that I never once felt guilty. I thought I would gain weight, and I was saddened by the thought, but I did not shame myself or lay loads of expectations onto my own shoulders. And I am nearly half a pound lighter.

Since I gave up counting points, I have lost 5.6 lbs, and have eaten more food that I like than I ever have done before without any of the associated guilt. I also have not had a single week of weight gain. I know it will happen at some time in the future - perhaps even next week, but I know if I continue the way I eat and exercise now, any gain will only be transitory. At long last, I think I have found the method that works for me!

Breakfast
Toasted (very) WW English Muffin w. Strawberry Preserves; Tea

Snack
Putting Conference Goodies to use - Chamomile Tea

Lunch
Palak Paneer Hot Pocket, Orange

Cranberry Trail Mix

Dinner
Rosemary Triscuits, Habanero Cheddar, Cranberry/Maple Wensleydale

Edamame

Exercise
Square Dancing Class

No comments:

Post a Comment