Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting the Year Hungover

I spent last night with a group of friends with food, drink and games. I did not drink much, but went to bed at 3 in the morning and woke up with a slight hangover. I made sure that I drank a lot of water before I went to bed, so I think the headache might have something to do with the fact that my sleeping was out of whack and that I got only about six hours of sleep. Perhaps this is also a sign that I am getting old and can't stay up till all hours without my body wreaking its revenge upon me!

I started the year out with some good eating. After lunch, I went a bit overboard on some Ferrero Rocher chocolates I got on sale after Christmas. Chocolate with hazelnuts is pure undiluted temptation! Here are the eats:

Breakfast
Tea with Low-fat Milk
Sprouted Wheat Toast w. Apricot Preserves
Small Apple

Lunch
Baked Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli and Homemade Hummus, Triscuits, Pepperjack Cheese, Apple

Cottage Cheese. I also ate a few more Triscuits with this

I started out with one, but ended up eating all six. Binge!

Dinner
Sprouted Wheat Sandwich w. Veggie Burger and Avocado
Sad looking leftover carrots and Homemade Hummus
Colby Jack Cheese

Diet Root Beer. It tastes like toothpaste to me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    All those meals look super tasty!!!

    Could you prehaps upload pics that are more closeup? It would be nice to look at the food clearly!

    One of my new year resolution is to learn 3-5 top dishes from each country around the world. I know I would not be doing complete justice to any country, but I would really like to learn some ethnic cooking!

    ~NS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post better pictures starting today!

    Learning a few dishes from each part of the world? Wow! That sounds really ambitious. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete