Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Vacation

I followed through on more than one goal this weekend:
3(b). Take a mid-month vacation and travel to Portland for the weekend.
3(c). Purchase a book/DVD that I want to.
4. Read a Food/Exercise/Wellness Book.


FRIDAY 02-18-2011
I started on Friday morning packing a bag of snacks:

I wanted a bagel for breakfast, but the GPS took me to a place that was closed, so I settled for:
Cashew Cookie Larabar and Banana (pardon my dusty carseat)

Resolution#4 - I listened to The End of Overeating on CD while I drove. It is an excellent book, and I plan on making some new resolutions based on this book.

It was pouring rain when I got to Portland, so I went to IKEA and did some shopping that I needed to get done. Then I had a NF Frozen Yogurt there, followed by a Quiznos Torpedo before hauling my wet self to my hotel room. The rain did not ease off all evening, so I stayed in, watched videos, hung out by the hotel pool, and planned my Saturday.

In the evening, I ventured out and got Thai drunken noodles for dinner:
This was tasty, but must have contained a lot of fish sauce because right after eating, I threw up most of it. I hate the taste of fish, but even if the taste is masked by spices, my body rejects it.

I then soothed my nerves with coffee:


SATURDAY 02-19-2011
I went on a walking tour of Portland downtown.

Gerding Theater.

It was a gorgeous day, but the streets were pretty empty. Everyone must have headed to the coast. I drove back home along Hwy-101, and the coast was packed with people.

View from the Waterfront Park

Portland's China Town

Mary's Club - apparently Courtney Love used to be a stripper here

Some random place that looked photo-worthy

Powell's Bookstore - the largest independent bookstore in the world

Here, I followed up with Resolution #3(c). I purchased a used book of my favorite author.
It serves as entertainment, self-care reward, and a memento of my trip!

What I ate:
I started out with a banana and some assorted snacks from my snack-bag. Odd breakfast!


I was driving out of Portland and stopped at a restaurant that turned out to be marvelous!
Hot Sandwich w. Cheese, Peppers and Breaded Eggplant. This was half their serving. The other half was wrapped up in foil (in the background), and I ate that for dinner!

SUNDAY 02-20-2011

Breakfast

WW Toast w. Pepper/Artichoke Tapenade, Blood Orange, Cottage Cheese

Lunch
Spinach/Acorn Squash/Chickpea/Brown Rice Stew; Blood Orange

Tea
Hot Chocolate, Rusk x2

Dinner
Red Pepper-Artichoke Pasta, Edamame
I also ate some Gouda Cheese w. Lunch and Dinner

The last of that bottle of wine

No comments:

Post a Comment