Monday, February 21, 2011

Satanic Exercises

When I went to boot-camp last week, it was still orientation time, and we learnt how to do a few basic stretches, did some push-ups, squats and some foam rolling. It was more than I was used to, but pretty manageable. Today was much different. We met outdoors today at 5am. It was freezing cold. We did something awful called "bear crawling". This exercise was probably invented by Satan. I was one of the last people in the line, and did not finish. I was pushing back the tears in my eyes - I felt so awfully out of shape and terrible. And when I finally stood up on my hind legs, I thought I was going to swoon. Then the nausea hit me and I was trying not to gag. Then we did push-ups. Then squats. I am very very sore today.

The only thing that makes it bearable is that my class is pretty supportive. A woman in class told me that I was a "rock-star" for trying. I feel nothing like a rock-star and have a very hard time believing that she meant it. But I know that she meant to be supportive, and I appreciate that. That is what will take me back tomorrow.

Breakfast
WW English Muffin, Cottage Cheese, Blood Orange

Snack
The Samoas finally arrived. I also got a box of Trefoils for the folks at the office. I ate a few of these and a few Thin Mints before realizing that it was starting to look like a binge. I decided to take the rest to the Square Dance class, but the community center was closed for President's Day, and the class was canceled. I've locked them in the boot of my car while I think of another way to get rid of them.

Lunch
Spinach/Acorn Squash/Chickpea/Rice Stew
I had some birthday cake, so did not eat the apple. I wish I'd done the opposite.

Co-worker's Birthday Cake

Dinner
Chappati, Peas Curry
Edamame, Blood Orange x2

No comments:

Post a Comment