Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ask and You Shall Receive

Yesterday was an exhausting day for me. I had a difficult day at work - lots of crises to attend to. And I watched that really heavy documentary I talked about. I came home feeling I did not want to do anything. And I didn't. I wished about four dozen times yesterday that I could take the morning off. But no go - I had patients scheduled and I needed to go in. So I dragged myself in to work this morning dreading another long day. Imagine my surprise then, when I saw that every single morning appointment had been rescheduled. Granted that this is mid-term week, but I have not had every single student cancel on me on any one morning before. So, I heaved a sigh of relief, hopped on the bus back to the car park, went around town running errands, and returned a couple of hours later in time for my lunch (I had scheduled a lunch meeting).

This isn't the first time when I have wished for something, and that something has happened. I must be more mindful of what I ask for. I will begin with asking for motivation for this bootcamp thing. I am going for the informational session tomorrow night, and am terrified of starting. Please let me be motivated!

Breakfast
Oats w. Milk, Banana

Lunch
Leftover half-sandwich from yesterday's box lunch
Edamame, Pear

Snack
Apple - also from yesterday's box lunch

Dinner
Pizza - I had two slices

Edamame - I had this, and then a bunch more. I love edamame!
Dessert: Unphotographed Raisins

No comments:

Post a Comment