Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bootcamp Sales Pitches and Goat Cheese

After work today I went to the bootcamp orientation. The room was packed full with about 50 women and three men. The trainer is a big and muscular guy who gave us what amounted to an hour long TV commercial-like sales-pitch about what he can do for us, and then said how much he hated TV commercials. He reminded me of a juvenile frat-boy in the body of a 50 year old. But, over-the-top pep-talking and bad-food-attitudes aside, he was quite nice. He was full of positive energy and sounds like a good person to have on my team of encouragers. I join on Monday. I am terrified.

Somewhere in his spiel, he also inserted the obligatory, "you will be eating differently and will look at food that you like now and only think of how many millions of calories it has, and will give it up". I am not a big fan of that sort of thinking. Food is wonderful and must be enjoyed. Turning a favorite food into a "hated food" is not my idea of a sustainable diet. Such food-attitudes can only come with guilt and shame - not very positive feelings to have. It is much more sensible to eat what you want to eat, and to exercise portion control.

Which is exactly what I did not do today. I had goat cheese on both lunch and dinner foods. And when it comes to goat cheese, no such thing as "portion control" exists in my realm of consciousness...

Breakfast
Milky Tea; WW Flatbread w. SF Strawberry Preserves

Lunch
Pesto Tofu, Forest Mushrooms and Goat Cheese Sandwich
Edamame. I did not eat the pear.

Dinner
Caramelized Onion, Eggplant and Chevre Pizza.
I had three slices - one half of a small pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment