Friday, February 4, 2011

Chinese New Year

I was invited to a friend's place to celebrate Chinese New Year. It was fun. I met some new people. Most of them were people I have almost nothing in common with, so I don't think I will meet them again, but it was nice for a few hours to escape into the lives of others. This is the first time I have been to this friend's house, and it only reminded me how much I need to make my apartment a home. At the moment, I only have the bare necessities in terms of furniture - my place has no personality at all. I ought to get started making it look like I live here.

I forgot to take my camera to work today, so no pics for anything before 5pm. And I did not want to take pics at the dinner with strangers. (It was a formal dinner). I only have two pictures today. But here's the log anyway:

Breakfast
Whole Wheat English Muffin w. Strawberry Preserves
Orange

Snack
Coffee w. Hazelnut Creamer

Lunch
WW Flatbread w. Spinach, Baked Falafel, Balsamic Dressing
Pear

Snack
I came home hungry. I was going to the dinner, but I was famished and went on a mini-binge
2 small Samosas w. Tomato-Chilli Sauce
Cranberry Trail Mix
Habanero Cheddar

Dinner
Cabbage Mushroom Soup
Tofu w. Stir-Fried Vegetables
Braised Daikon Radish w. Tofu
White Rice
Apple Baklava w. Saffron/Rose icecream (my friend is married to a Persian man)

I took her flowers:

She gave me Hung Bao:

No comments:

Post a Comment