Tuesday, February 15, 2011

No Time To Cook

If you look at my pictures from the last two weeks, you'll notice that I have not eaten much home cooked food. I am not a big salad eater - especially in the winter. So what I really need to do is just to cook some stuff. I have the needed ingredients for at least five meals at home - so not having groceries is not really an excuse for me. I just have been busy. Swamped, overwhelmed, washed away on a giant wave of things from my to-do list!

I had a late Valentine's dinner with a friend, and then went to a Greek night event at my folk-dance group. I am not a skilled folk dancer. So, although I can pass muster at my beginner's class, I can usually be found at the folk dance parties sitting on a chair wide-eyed and open-mouthed staring at the beautiful moves that the people who have been doing it for decades pull out of their dancing repertoire. Sigh!

Breakfast
I went to bed at midnight, woke up at 4am and decided that it was not worth going to bootcamp class. So I went back to bed for another three and a half hours and woke up realizing that I only had a half hour to get ready for work and drop off my car at the workshop for servicing. So, I ended up eating:
Half an apple

Snack
I ordered a box of Samoas. But the girl scout cookie order ended up being delayed. So, the girl scout I ordered the cookies from and her dad, baked me this Valentine cookie.

Lunch
I work at a stupid food-facility-free building. The rain was pelting down, and my plans of getting lunch at the cafe were foiled because there was no way I was going to get myself soaking wet. So, I ate:
An apple

Hot Chocolate and candy. I also ate four more bits of candy after this.

Belated Valentine's Dinner
Savory crepe w. spinach, mushroom, tomato, artichoke, pesto & cheese
Spinach, walnut and chevre salad w. Raspberry dressing.

I also ate a small plate of Greek desserts at the Greek night at the folk dance club.

No comments:

Post a Comment