Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Furniture

I work at an incredible place. It is very body-acceptance affirming. Let me give you an example. I started working here about 5 months ago, and have for the last five months been using hand-me-down furniture from the person who occupied this office before. The chairs (where I do most of my work) are not very comfortable, and not at all my style. I asked for new chairs, and I was given a pretty generous budget of $900 to buy new ones. However, they insisted that I buy chairs that were body-size friendly. Isn't that sweet?

So, I went and shopped for furniture this morning. (I got time off to do this as well - how wonderful is that!) I did not want to buy chairs without arms - which is probably the most larger-person-friendly seating. So, I ended up buying two really roomy chairs. They would fit a time and a half of me (and I am a large woman). And they are incredibly comfortable. I feel all warm and gooey now. Here's a pic of one of the chairs in the showroom:

Breakfast
Blueberry Scone and some Hot Chocolate

11am Snack
A Tablespoon of Olive Oil!
No, I did not pour myself a tablespoon and do a shot of EVOO. I wanted to buy a gift for a friend, and went to an Oil and Vinegar shop. I sampled several flavored EVOOs: Rosemary, Mandarin Orange, Lime, Blood Orange, Garlic and Chilli Oils, and flavored Balsamic Vinegars: Fig, Wild Cherry, Chocolate, Peach and Traditional.
The winners: Blood Orange Olive Oil and Wild Cherry Vinegar. Yum!


Lunch
Israeli Couscous w. Green Garbanzos, Broccoli, Peppers, Parsley
Indian flatbread stuffed w. Sweet Lentils
Bosc Pear

Snack
Wasabi Peas x2

Dinner
Pizza. This has been a "pizza week".

Edamame x2

No comments:

Post a Comment