Tuesday, April 5, 2011

First April Recap

Not much to report. I did follow through on one goal - a day-trip to Portland. I visited a very serene wooded sanctuary complete with high cliffs, lovely waterfalls and a monastery. I also tried very hard to take pictures of everything I ate, although it was hard to get back into the groove of doing that.

Sun 4.3.11

Breakfast

Jalapeno Cheese Bagel w. Labneh

Kumquats

Lunch
Mediterranean Platter - this looks much nicer than it tasted.
I only ate the falafel and some of the tabbouleh

Cinnamon Almonds while walking down the Portland Waterfront

Snacks
Cashew Cookie Larabar

Mathri - an Indian Snack

Dinner
Spinach/Tomato/Gorgonzola Pizza. The nice guy at the shop gave me two pieces for the price of one. I like cute shop-guys who give me free pizza!

Exercise
Four-mile walk around Portland downtown and by the waterfront


Mon 4.4.11

Breakfast

Cereal w. Milk, Apple

Snack
Mini-Twix that got eaten before it was photographed

Lunch
Salad w. garbanzos, tomatoes, artichokes, cherries, olives, mozzarella
Blood Orange

Tea
Rich Tea, Mathri

Dinner
I went on a Hazelnut binge. I was horribly ashamed after I did. And I did not photograph it either. However, I am committed to documenting everything that I ate.

Exercise
2.8-mile walk at lunchtime when I saw this:


Tue 4.5.11

Breakfast

Sourdough Toast w. half a pat of butter
Plum tea in my fun mug! I felt hopeful!

Lunch
Potato-Broccoli Soup; Sourdough Toast w. the other half pat of butter
Cheese, Apple (no pic)

Snack
Banana-Hazelnut Muffin

Dinner
Brown Rice, Long Bean/Banana Blossom Stir-fry, Yogurt

Walnuts, Dried Cherries

Exercise
Folk-dance class

No comments:

Post a Comment