Thursday, July 14, 2011

Car Trouble, Potential Man Trouble

I had a bit of an awful day today. My car was at the mechanic's for some break work. So, I walked a mile to the bus stop, went to work, had a very busy day at work, then walked about 1.75 miles to the mechanic's place, picked up my car, drove to WeightWatchers, found out I had gained 0.2lbs (which is trivial and does not bother me). Okay day so far!

When I got out of the WW meeting, and went to start my car, it would not start. I called my mechanic. I have talked on this blog before about how much I love my local mechanic's place - four fantastic guys who are wonderful mechanics, and will do much more than most places to help. I have one of them I usually talk to about my car, and we get along pretty well. However, it was the tail end of the day, and I got another guy instead. I know him only slightly.

He tried to help over the phone. It did not work. It was the end of his work day, so he said he would drive to where I was and would help me. He came, and after a bit of tinkering, got my car started. However, I apparently need to replace my car's spark plug. So, the car went right back to the garage. He dropped me off at home after that. I was profoundly grateful to him for going out of his way to help me after his working day had ended. I offered to pay him extra for working overtime. He declined. I asked him if I could buy him dinner to thank him. He said he would like that, but perhaps another day since he had another commitment.

And then the conversation started to get a bit more personal. He talked about his daughters, his ex-girlfriend, his goals for the future etc. All harmless enough, but I had the distinct impression that this was inching towards something I don't want it to. Anyhow, I do want to thank him for all his help and will take him to dinner when he takes me up on the offer. However, this might be tricky.

Breakfast
Kashi Heart to Heart w. Milk, Cherries

Snack
Caraway Rice Crackers

Lunch
Tofu Fried Rice
I had photographed cherries, but eventually decided to eat some papaya instead.

Snack
Reese's Pieces

Dinner
Two Garlic Naan, Aloo-Mutter Curry
Unphotographed Cherries

No comments:

Post a Comment